January 25, 2007

The first in a series of musings...

Hi. So, I'm guessing that the first thought that crossed your mind when you got here is, "What the hell does the title mean?" I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to laugh. Promise? OK. Well, last summer, I had a Ravitch Procedure performed on me to fix my rather deformed chest wall. Basically, the nice doctors removed all the cartilage and some of the bone from ten of my ribs so that my chest didn't stick out anymore. Although I still don't have all my ribs back (seven months later!), they will eventually-within the year, they say-be back to normal. No...I'm not telling you this for pity points. I just wanted to shed some light onto the relatively obscure title of my blog.

Ok. Now that I have gotten that off my chest (gah!), I'll explain to all of you faithful readers-ok, the what I assume to be future faithful readers-what exactly this blog will be about. I have managed to avoid both MySpace and FaceBook with much pride, as I think they are both extraordinarily stupid methods of communication. However, I really enjoy to write, and usually have tons of thoughts on my mind. So, I figured that getting myself a blog wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. This blog will most likely have no discernible theme at all, and I'll be posting with no predetermined frequency. I do know that I will be most often posting directly after something pisses me off. It should at least be a bit funny to read the rantings of an uber-nerd.

Anyway, this is all for now. I am currently in the process of learning German on my own so that I don't act the completely stupid American when I get to Switzerland in September, so I am going to go ahead and do a lesson now in hopes that I will be done before my roommate gets back to the room and starts playing music.

No comments: