January 31, 2007

Lucky numbers 8, 9, 10, 31, 32, 33

*Spoiler Alert: The following post has no sense of continuity whatsoever.

I live in Pinehurst, NC, and my dad just got a job in Connecticut. He's leaving this coming Monday to start working up there, and my family and I will follow at the end of the school year. Seeing as I spend most of my time up in Winston-Salem, and I will likely not be home on the weekends that my dad comes back to visit, we decided that it would be good to spend some time together today.

Wednesday's are always light days as far as my class schedule goes; in fact, I only have one hour in which I am required to be somewhere. So, today at 3:30 in the afternoon, my dad came and picked me up at school. We went to Barnes & Noble for a little while, drove around a bit, spent some time at REI pretending that we are outdoors kind of people, and ate dinner at the fabulous P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro. It was delicious. Thanks for asking.

For the first time in, well, a long time, my dad and I got along quite well. We didn't get into a single argument, and I think we actually laughed on more than one occasion. By the time dinner was over it was about 9:00, and all that was left to do was open our fortune cookies and get back to NCSA.

My dad's fortune cookie was something stupid. I think it was along the lines of:

Spicy food tastes good.

That's right. I'm not kidding. Mine, although not quite as useless, proved just as funny:

Enjoy life! It is better to be happy than wise.

Hmm. It all makes sense now! Stupid people have it all figured out! Be a dip shit...it doesn't matter! As long as you're happy, who cares?! Live life to the fullest, and don't worry if you can't speak or write legibly.

Oh. A tidbit for all of you who don't want to be happy morons--Chuan means "ship" in Chinese.

No comments: