January 28, 2007

Oh the people you'll meet

Ever since I was old enough to express anger at the stupidity of others, I have been told it takes all kinds to make the world to go 'round. If someone cuts in front of you in line at McDonald's, it is not an appropriate response to punch them on the shoulder and yell, "Hey, ass hole! Look around! I was here first!" When dealing with someone working at Wal-Mart, you must be patient with their blatant lack of IQ points. Ordering from a catalog customer service representative, must be done in a clear voice with beautiful enunciation. You must do this without question or comment. After all, their stupidity is what makes the Earth not fall out of orbit. If we didn't have all the ignorant and inconsiderate people living amongst us, life as we know it may just cease to exist!

What a load of bull shit. There's no empirical proof that if all these sorts of people who make it their missions in life to cut you off on the road and make your every-day shopping experience a living hell were to simply disappear or, better yet, spontaneously vaporize, anything bad would happen. No. I'm on to you Mom! I think the next time someone decides to go twenty-three in a forty-five mph zone, I'm going to tap their bumper slightly. I highly doubt the Earth will stop spinning on the spot. I guess if it does though, you'll know to whom it's necessary to bitch.

No comments: