March 1, 2007

Your daily dose of Edd, Part III

"Man, yo! That guy's a bomb-ass flutist!"

This one here is hot of the presses! The first time I heard Edd utter this phrase was around 10:45pm last night as I was busy working on some homework for Music Lit. We were having a conversation about how well a flutist had performed earlier in the day, when Edd tried to convince us that an incoming conductor (who is a former flute player) is a far better flutist than the current flute teacher. To help the case of this incoming guy, Edd claimed that he was a "bomb-ass flutist."

Now, I really cannot comment on the technical qualities of a particular flute player, as I don't listen to flute music all that often (honestly, it sort of makes my head hurt--same goes for all wind music). But, come on! Bomb-ass?! Wouldn't a simple, "he's awesome!" suffice? One of Edd's fortes, I have discovered, is an annoying, albeit creative, use of descriptive phrases. There is never a short supply of quirky ways to describe a person's good or bad qualities. These types of phrases come in a constant stream whenever some sort of video game is being played (especially if it is an online multiplayer first-person shooter). When Edd most likely gets on his computer tonight to play Day of Defeat or Mario, I'll be sure to make note of a few such phrases and present you with them tomorrow.

No comments: